Doc of the month club!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Went to Calgary and got burned!

So we went to Red Deer on Friday night then off to Calgary on Saturday. It was the 1st time trial of the year. Nasty windy on the way out but nice tail wind on the way back. To do 10 km against the wind it took me about 25 min maybe longer. I avg 21-27 km/h and on the way back it took me 15 min I think . I averaged 45-67.5 km/h on the way back. Anyway my total time was close to 40 min. Either over or under. We were only biking for close to an hour and a half and both of us got burned. White flesh doesn't fair well in the open air with actual sun. Today I have parts of my legs, arms and face with weird burn patterns. I also got hives on my arms and legs, probably have cancer or something. I don't know. Maybe they are just heat blisters. On Sunday we were supposed to go to Clagary's race city speedway to have Colleen do her 1st crit of the year but the race was cancelled due to wind and cold. Freakin wusses. We went to do a race not bail! There was no water on the course or snow so why cancel it? Oh well we only travelled about 6 hours to do the race. Bicisport didn't even have the decency to cancel it the night before. Plus there wasn't a note or anything telling us why or even if it was cancelled. The results from the day before weren't posted and colleen couldn't get her money back cause nobody was there. Bastardos!!! Anyway at least we had one good day of racing. It was a tough 20km but it was still fun. Got to hang out with my little bro later in the day after a good meal at Luciano's. Talk to ya later my Peeps!
Doc out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home